XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing PHP, MySQL and Perl. Xampp works on many operating system such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris. It is necessary to change the Xampp port to make sure other web server such as WampServer and IIS can run on same machine or computer.
Here is how to change Xampp port
1. Open your Xampp installation directory. By deault it should be located on C: > xampp. Now browse to:
C: > xampp > apache > conf
2. You will find one file named httpd.conf in the conf folder. Open the file with notepad.
3. Now find (ctrl + F) string “listen” and look for “Listen 80”. Now replace the number 80 to other port number which you wish to change such as 8080 or 88.
4. Again, find (ctrl + F) string “ServerName” and look for “ServerName localhost:80”. Now replace it to according the port number you change is step 3.
5. Save the file and restart your Xampp server. Done