In this post, i will share the answer for CCNA Security Chapter 6 Test v2.0. This version 2.0 is the latest CCNAS version as of today. Hopefully it will help you guys to review and get ready for your chapter test. Do comment if you have new CCNAS question for this chapter or if you found any correction. CCNAS Chapter 6 Test as below
- Refer to the exhibit. The Fa0/2 interface on switch S1 has been configured with the switchport port-security mac-address 0023.189d.6456 command and a workstation has been connected. What could be the reason that the Fa0/2 interface is shutdown?
The connection between S1 and PC1 is via a crossover cable.
The Fa0/24 interface of S1 is configured with the same MAC address as the Fa0/2 interface.
S1 has been configured with a switchport port-security aging command.
The MAC address of PC1 that connects to the Fa0/2 interface is not the configured MAC address.
- Two devices that are connected to the same switch need to be totally isolated from one another. Which Cisco switch security feature will provide this isolation?
- Which two functions are provided by Network Admission Control? (Choose two.)
protecting a switch from MAC address table overflow attacks
enforcing network security policy for hosts that connect to the network
ensuring that only authenticated hosts can access the network
stopping excessive broadcasts from disrupting network traffic
limiting the number of MAC addresses that can be learned on a single switch port
- Which spanning-tree enhancement prevents the spanning-tree topology from changing by blocking a port that receives a superior BPDU?
- Which security feature should be enabled in order to prevent an attacker from overflowing the MAC address table of a switch?
- In what situation would a network administrator most likely implement root guard?
on all switch ports (used or unused)
on all switch ports that connect to a Layer 3 device
on all switch ports that connect to host devices
on all switch ports that connect to another switch
on all switch ports that connect to another switch that is not the root bridge
- What component of Cisco NAC is responsible for performing deep inspection of device security profiles?
Cisco NAC Profiler
Cisco NAC Agent
Cisco NAC Manager
Cisco NAC Server
- What is the role of the Cisco NAC Manager in implementing a secure networking infrastructure?
to define role-based user access and endpoint security policies
to assess and enforce security policy compliance in the NAC environment
to perform deep inspection of device security profiles
to provide post-connection monitoring of all endpoint devices
- What is the role of the Cisco NAC Server within the Cisco Secure Borderless Network Architecture?
providing the ability for company employees to create guest accounts
providing post-connection monitoring of all endpoint devices
defining role-based user access and endpoint security policies
assessing and enforcing security policy compliance in the NAC environment
- What is the role of the Cisco NAC Guest Server within the Cisco Borderless Network architecture?
It defines role-based user access and endpoint security policies.
It provides the ability for creation and reporting of guest accounts.
It provides post-connection monitoring of all endpoint devices.
It performs deep inspection of device security profiles.
- Which three functions are provided under Cisco NAC framework solution? (Choose three.)
scanning for policy compliance
secure connection to servers
remediation for noncompliant devices
- Which feature is part of the Antimalware Protection security solution?
user authentication and authorization
data loss prevention
- What security countermeasure is effective for preventing CAM table overflow attacks?
Dynamic ARP Inspection
IP source guard
- What is the behavior of a switch as a result of a successful CAM table attack?
The switch will forward all received frames to all other ports.
The switch will drop all received frames.
The switch interfaces will transition to the error-disabled state.
The switch will shut down.
- What additional security measure must be enabled along with IP Source Guard to protect against address spoofing?
- What are three techniques for mitigating VLAN hopping attacks? (Choose three.)
Set the native VLAN to an unused VLAN.
Enable Source Guard.
Enable trunking manually.
Enable BPDU guard.
Use private VLANs.
- What two mechanisms are used by Dynamic ARP inspection to validate ARP packets for IP addresses that are dynamically assigned or IP addresses that are static? (Choose two.)
- What protocol should be disabled to help mitigate VLAN hopping attacks?
- What network attack seeks to create a DoS for clients by preventing them from being able to obtain a DHCP lease?
CAM table attack
IP address spoofing
- What is the only type of port that an isolated port can forward traffic to on a private VLAN?
a community port
a promiscuous port
another isolated port
any access port in the same PVLAN
- Which STP stability mechanism is used to prevent a rogue switch from becoming the root switch?
- How can a user connect to the Cisco Cloud Web Security service directly?
through the connector that is integrated into any Layer 2 Cisco switch
by using a proxy autoconfiguration file in the end device
by accessing a Cisco CWS server before visiting the destination web site
by establishing a VPN connection with the Cisco CWS
- What security benefit is gained from enabling BPDU guard on PortFast enabled interfaces?
enforcing the placement of root bridges
preventing buffer overflow attacks
preventing rogue switches from being added to the network
protecting against Layer 2 loops
- DHCP _____ is a mitigation technique to prevent rogue DHCP servers from providing false IP configuration parameters.
- Which type of VLAN-hopping attack may be prevented by designating an unused VLAN as the native VLAN?
- Which mitigation technique would prevent rogue servers from providing false IP configuration parameters to clients?
turning on DHCP snooping
disabling CDP on edge ports
implementing port-security on edge ports
implementing port security