This post will share questions and answers for CCNA Security Chapter 1 Test v2.0. This questions and answers contributed by some good guys. Do say thanks to them. Hope it will helps you all. If you have new questions or answers, do comment below.
- What method can be used to mitigate ping sweeps?
Using encrypted or hashed authentication protocols
Installing antivirus software on hosts
Deploying antisniffer software on all network devices
Blocking ICMP echo and echo-replies at the network edge
- What are the three major components of a worm attack? (Choose three.)
a penetration mechanism
an infecting vulnerability
an enabling vulnerability
a probing mechanism
a propagation mechanism
- Which statement accurately characterizes the evolution of threats to network security?
Internal threats can cause even greater damage than external threats.
Threats have become less sophisticated while the technical knowledge needed by an attacker has grown.
Early Internet users often engaged in activities that would harm other users.
Internet architects planned for network security from the beginning.
- What causes a buffer overflow?
Launching a security countermeasure to mitigate a Trojan horse
Sending repeated connections such as Telnet to a particular device, thus denying other data sources
Downloading and installing too many software updates at one time
Attempting to write more data to a memory location than that location can hold
Sending too much information to two or more interfaces of the same device, thereby causing dropped packets
- What commonly motivates cybercriminals to attack networks as compared to hacktivists or state-sponsored hackers?
status among peers
- Which two network security solutions can be used to mitigate DoS attacks? (Choose two.)
intrusion protection systems
applying user authentication
- Which two statements characterize DoS attacks? (Choose two.)
Examples include smurf attacks and ping of death attacks.
They attempt to compromise the availability of a network, host, or application
- An attacker is using a laptop as a rogue access point to capture all network traffic from a targeted user. Which type of attack is this?
Man in the middle
- What functional area of the Cisco Network Foundation Protection framework is responsible for device-generated packets required for network operation, such as ARP message exchanges and routing advertisements?
- What are the three components of information security ensured by cryptography? (Choose three.)
- What is the primary method for mitigating malware?
using encrypted or hashed authentication protocols
installing antivirus software on all hosts
blocking ICMP echo and echo-replies at the network edge
deploying intrusion prevention systems throughout the network
- What is an objective of a state-sponsored attack?
to gain financial prosperity
to sell operating system vulnerabilities to other hackers
to gain attention
to right a perceived wrong
Spy on citizens, disrupt foreign government
- What role does the Security Intelligence Operations (SIO) play in the Cisco SecureX architecture?
identifying and stopping malicious traffic
- What worm mitigation phase involves actively disinfecting infected systems?
- How is a smurf attack conducted?
by sending a large number of packets to overflow the allocated buffer memory of the target device
by sending a large number of ICMP requests to directed broadcast addresses from a spoofed source address on the same network
by sending a large number of TCP SYN packets to a target device from a spoofed source address
by sending an echo requesting an IP packet larger than the maximum packet size of 65,535 bytes
- What is a characteristic of a Trojan horse as it relates to network security?
Malware is contained in a seemingly legitimate executable program.
Extreme quantities of data are sent to a particular network device interface.
An electronic dictionary is used to obtain a password to be used to infiltrate a key network device.
Too much information is destined for a particular memory block, causing additional memory areas to be affected
- What is the first step in the risk management process specified by the ISO/IEC?
Create a security policy
Conduct a risk assessment.
Inventory and classify IT assets.
Create a security governance model
- What is the significant characteristic of worm malware?
A worm can execute independently of the host system.
A worm must be triggered by an event on the host system.
Worm malware disguises itself as legitimate software.
Once installed on a host system, a worm does not replicate itself
- Which condition describes the potential threat created by Instant On in a data center?
When the primary firewall in the data center crashes
when an attacker hijacks a VM hypervisor and then launches attacks against other devices in the data center
when the primary IPS appliance is malfunctioning
when a VM that may have outdated security policies is brought online after a long period of inactivity
- What are the three core components of the Cisco Secure Data Center solution? (Choose three.)
- A disgruntled employee is using Wireshark to discover administrative Telnet usernames and passwords. What type of network attack does this describe?
denial of service
- Which two statements describe access attacks? (Choose two.)
Trust exploitation attacks often involve the use of a laptop to act as a rogue access point to capture and copy all network traffic in a public location, such as a wireless hotspot
To detect listening services, port scanning attacks scan a range of TCP or UDP port numbers on a host
Buffer overflow attacks write data beyond the allocated buffer memory to overwrite valid data or to exploit systems to execute malicious code.
Password attacks can be implemented by the use of brute-force attack methods, Trojan horses, or packet sniffers.
Port redirection attacks use a network adapter card in promiscuous mode to capture all network packets that are sent across a LAN
- What is a ping sweep?
a scanning technique that examines a range of TCP or UDP port numbers on a host to detect listening services.
a software application that enables the capture of all network packets that are sent across a LAN.
a query and response protocol that identifies information about a domain, including the addresses that are assigned to that domain.
a network scanning technique that indicates the live hosts in a range of IP addresses
- As a dedicated network security tool, an intrusion Prevention system can provide detection and blocking of attacks in real time.
Do comment if you have any new Question or Answers
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another – Charles Dickens”