This post is about tutorial to root ice cream sandwich on Sony Xperia Mini Pro SK17i devices. This tutorial mainly for beginner. So i will try to write this guide as details as possible to help you understand on how to root ice cream sandwich for Xperia Mini Pro.
Firstly what you might need to understand is the current build number for your Android phone. If your phone or device has build number 4.0.2.A.0.58 and below, then you are good to go. If your current build number 4.0.2.A.0.62 and above, please downgrade your Android version first.
Take note that some files are quite large in size. You are advised to download all necessary files before you begins.
A. Downgrade ROM to Gingerbread (For current build number 4.0.2.A.0.62 and above)
1. Download ROM with build number 4.0.2.A.0.42
2. Flash the ROM using Flashtool
B. Root your Xperia Devices (For non-rooted devices with current build number 4.0.2.A.0.58 and below )
1. Please refer to this guide on Rooting Sony Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
Once you reach here, you android device should has current build number 4.0.2.A.0.58 or below and has been successfully rooted.
C. Rooting Ice Cream Sandwich
1. Download the Xperia Root (Current version as this post is written is Revision 3) and extract it.
2. Make sure your devices is turned on. Connect your Android devices to your computer. Carefully execute “01-local-prop.cmd” file. The filetype should be “Windows Command File” and not ”01-local-prop.sh”.
3. Follow on screen instructions.
5. Flash the 4.0.4 ROM using Flashtool as described in the post Flashing ROM Xperia Devices. However when you reach firmware selection interface, please make sure “Wipe Data” option is untick as shown below. The rest should be similar.
6. Once the flashing process has been completed successfully, now try to turn on the device and continue next step with your device turned on. Take note that the device might be restarted on the first boot. But, if the device continuously restart and you are trap on boot loop, just proceed to next step with your android device turned off.
7. Remember the folder Xperia Root that you download on step 1. Now find “02-push-root-files.cmd” file. With your device plug in to the computer, execute the “02-push-root-files.cmd” file. You are recommended to ensure your ADB driver is installed and updated.
8. Follow the on screen instructions. Once done, your device will be rebooted.
That’s all. Your Xperia Mini Pro SK17i Ice Cream Sandwich should be rooted now.