ADB is Android Debug Bridge. Usually people meet with this term when they find way to root their Android phone or devices and clueless how we can install ADB drivers for our devices. As an example, you may find such instruction like “make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device” when you try to root with Doomlord and Zergrush exploit with their easy rooting toolkit.For someone who never involve with Android Development, it really hard to understand the term. Some of us will try to search google with term like download ADB driver for xperia mini pro (sk17i) Android and it will lead them to nothing. Actually the steps is really simple. In this post, i will try make it as simple as possible just how to install ADB driver for your Android phone or devices.
1. Download Java SE JDK from Java SE Download. Download based on your computer operating system. Do not get confused with JRE and JDK. It’s different. Usually user only installed JRE to run some java program on the web. But for this purpose, you will need JDK too. Latest version when this post written is Java SE 7u2.
2. Install it on your computer.
3. Download Android SDK. Latest version when this post written is r16. Yes, you may choose installer_r16-windows.exe to make your work more easier.
4. Install it on your computer
5. When you run SDK Manager on your computer, it will ask to download and install some of package or components. Any platforms such as Android 4.0.3(API 15) is unnecessary for this purpose. Only two things that you need to choose (tick)
a. Android SDK Tools
b. Google USB Driver Package
6. After all installation complete, now just plug in your Android phone or devices to your computer and the driver will be installed Automatically.
7. You can check if ADB driver installed successfully by using device manager on your computer(Right Click My computer > Manage > Device Manager). You will find your phone connected with some terms like ADB interface driver.
At this level, you can root your phone such as easy rooting toolkit by Doomlord and Zergrush. Yes, ADB is more than that. There are commands that you able to use for many purposes on Android devices. But if you read this post and the term ADB is something new to you, it’s better if you not playing with all the commands.
That’s All. Thank You.