WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL database. This post basically explain how to change WampServer Port. The reason we need to change WampServer port to avoid the same port used for IIS (Internet Information Services) or Xampp which results in failure of installation or running the application perfectly.
Here is steps taken to change the port for WampServer
1. After installation, left click the wamp icon
2. Go to “apache” and choose “httpd.conf”
3. Find the word “Listen 80”
4. Replace with “Listen 8080”.
Take note that 8080 is an example of port number. Feel free to pick any number to be the port number for WampServer.
5. Save the file and restart the application
6. Use http://localhost:8080 to access the WampServer